Sights

The Lighthouse of Saint Theodoroi

The Lighthouse of Saint TheodoroiOne of the most famous sights in the area of Argostoli, and more specifically of the so-called round of Lassis, is the Lighthouse of Saint Theodoroi. It was named after the little church which is located very close to it. The whole area has been named after the lighthouse which, for reasons of simplicity and briefness, is called Fanari.

Read more »




Saint Gerasimo's Cave in Lassi

Saint Gerasimo's Cave in LassiThe Cave is located in the area of Argostoli called Lassi. Saint Gerasimos led an ascetic life when he came from Zakynthos to Kefalonia in 1555 and stayed here for 5 years. In 1560, he went to Omala, where his monastery is today.

Read more »




Katavothres

KatavothresOne of the most well-known sights which is also a top geological phenomenon of our island, is Katavothres. They are located in a distance of about 2km from the island's capital, Argostoli, in the so-called round of Lassi.

Read more »




Napier's garden

Napier's gardenOne of the most beautiful spots in the town of Argostoli is Napier's park. It is a part in the city full of trees which is elevated and surrounded by walls of traditional Kefalonian type. In the park, there are pebble-lined aisles all around and in its centre and even though it is considered a small park, one can find a wide variety of trees.

Read more »




Dervosetos Bridge

Dervosetos BridgeThe historical bridge of Argostoli, also known as Dervosetos Bridge, was built in 1813 by Charles-Philip De Bosset in an attempt to prevent entrance to Argostoli through Koutavos. In those days, this was synonymous to, in the best case, malaria and in the worst case, death. For this reason, the road ending up to the bridge is dedicated to this man and named after him.

Read more »




The Castle of Saint George

The Castle of Saint George One of the most famous sights, of great historical significance for the area of Livathos, is Saint George's Castle. It is a notable Venetian castle in Kefalonia, with ensuing 16th century Enetic interventions. It was the capital of the island till 1757. In subsequent years, there have been many works of conservation thus helping the castle to acquire a part of its former glory.

Read more »




You might also like